Boston, Massachusetts Climate & Temperature
- Boston, Massachusetts, Usa is at 42°22'N, 71°1'W, 9 m (30 ft). See map.
- Boston, Massachusetts has a humid subtropical climate that is mild with no dry season, constantly moist (year-round rainfall). Summers are hot and muggy with thunderstorms. Winters are mild with precipitation from mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Boston, Massachusetts is situated in or near the cool temperate moist forest biome.
- The annual average temperature is 10.7 degrees Celsius (51.3 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 25 °C (45°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 3.3°C (37.9°F) on average falling to -4.6°C (23.8°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 13.4°C (56.1°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 4.7°C (40.5°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 26.3°C (79.3°F) and average low temperatures are 17.1°C (62.8°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 17°C (62.6°F) during the day and lows of 8.5°C (47.4°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1054.3 mm (41.5 inches) which is equivalent to 1054.3 Litres/m² (25.86 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2739 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Boston, Massachusetts you would come out nearest to the climate station at Albany, Western Australia, Australia where you would find a Mediterranean climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Boston, Massachusetts, Usa Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Keene, Nh, Usa - 105.8 kms (65.8 miles) NW
- Framingham, Ma, Usa - 34.1 kms (21.2 miles) WSW
- Milton/ Blue Hill, Ma, Usa - 18 kms (11.2 miles) SSW
- Amherst, Ma, Usa - 167.1 kms (103.8 miles) WSW
- Hartford/ Bradley, Ct, Usa - 144.3 kms (89.7 miles) WSW
- Taunton, Ma, Usa - 52.1 kms (32.4 miles) S
- Storrs, Ct, Usa - 118 kms (73.3 miles) WSW
- Providence/ Green State, Ri, Usa - 77.8 kms (48.3 miles) SSW
- Groton, Ct, Usa - 171.9 kms (106.8 miles) SSW
- Portland, Maine, Usa - 154.1 kms (95.8 miles) NNE
- Durham, Nh, Usa - 70.5 kms (43.8 miles) N
- Lawrence, Ma, Usa - 70.5 kms (43.8 miles) N
- Bedford, Ma, Usa - 40.9 kms (25.4 miles) S
- New Bedford, Ma, Usa - 40.9 kms (25.4 miles) S
- Plymouth, Ma, Usa - 56.6 kms (35.2 miles) SSE